- 5880 Old Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK
Guardian Flight transports patients from pediatrics to geriatrics, including specialty care services. We transport medical, surgical, cardiac, trauma, pediatric, high-risk OB, neuro, and burn patients from rural area facilities to secondary and tertiary care facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our flight nurses and paramedics use the latest technology and education to transport patients who require advanced procedures, including oral and nasal intubation, needle and surgical cricothyroidotomy, chest tube insertion, mechanical ventilation, intraosseous insertion, and rapid sequence intubation (RSI), etc. We also provide non-emergent and/or scheduled air ambulance services.
Employee benefits include medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, holiday pay, 401K, life insurance and disability insurance coverage, work schedule for a good work/life balance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safety is our number one priority! Maintain a high level of safety awareness.
• Delivers patient care within scope of practice.
• Provide basic and advanced patient care prior to and during transport.
• Provide safe, compassionate and efficient patient care.
• Able to safely operate in confined spaces, unpredictable situations and stressful environments.
• Must be well educated in concepts of Threat and Error Management, Just Culture and Air Medical Resource Management.
• Respond to FW aircraft to provide safe and efficient lift-off, inter-facility and on- scene times.
• Acquire and maintain extensive working knowledge of Patient Care Guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Maintain strong evidence-based knowledge in clinical practice including emergency stabilization, critical care and transport medicine.
• Knowledge of and compliance with all NAAMTA, CAMTS, State and local regulations.
• Operate in a team-oriented environment with autonomy.
• Select and prepare special equipment for transport according to patient needs.
• Responsible for performing daily bag, equipment and aircraft checks.
• After transfer of patient is complete, restock flight bags and aircraft. Equipment must be cleaned and maintained and activation ready.
• Complete electronic patient care record documentation in a timely manner.
• Participate in a robust Quality Management Program.
• Maintains educational compliance at all times.
• Compile necessary documents/data to be transported with the patient.
• Must be reliably available as scheduled.
• Maintains healthy work/rest/life balance.
• Compliance with drug/alcohol free workplace policy.
• Make recommendations for safety improvement, quality improvement, job satisfaction and overall service improvement.
• Attend monthly staff meetings when on duty or as requested. Participation in staff meetings when off-duty is strongly encouraged.
• Carry a cell phone or pager, while on duty, to be activated for flights.
• Attend all scheduled flight team meetings, safety stand-downs, mandatory education and training as required.
• Participate in teaching and training of new employees.
• Participate in public education programs and public relations functions.
• Other duties as assigned and required by the Base Manager, Medical Department Chief and/or Program Director.
• 3 years recent critical care experience
• Current ACLS, PALS, BLS, NRP certifications
• Advanced trauma course certification(s)
• Possess/Obtain Hawaii EMTP/MICT license
• Must be able to lift 50lbs and maintain a duty weight of less than 280 lbs fully geared
• Advanced paramedic certification (ie, FP-C or CCP-C) within 2 years of hire
• FP-C or CCP-C
• Flight experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.