Medical Collections Specialist - Patient Advocate
- 10888 S 300 W, South Jordan, Utah
Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. Guardian has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
Identifies and resolves patient billing issues. Evaluates patient's financial status and establishes payment plans. Follows up on payment of delinquent accounts and updates status.
- Reviews daily credit card transactions and contacts patients for declined transactions
- Routinely checks patient pay for Medicaid
- Enters appropriate documentation and thorough account notes
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPPA guidelines/regulations
- Uses outside vendors to find current patient phones numbers, addresses and credit scores
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers
- Previous billing and collections or related experience
- Demonstrate ability to work proficiently and efficiently in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- High school diploma or equivalent
For more information, visit www.guardianflight.com