- Anchorage, AK, Anchorage, AK, us
Guardian Flight is Alaska’s largest air medical provider with more aircraft in more places than any other organization in the state combined. Our history and experience has allowed our staff to gain a unique understanding of healthcare within the state.
Our crew-members translate that experience into successful patient outcomes and community service as we live and work in this great state.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a work environment tailored to maximizing your potential.
Stop looking for a job, and take off into a career with Guardian Flight!
*****THIS WILL BE AN HOURLY COMPENSATED POSITION*****
The Avionics Technician will provide onsite avionics and aircraft maintenance support for the company's 14 CFR Part 145 Certified Repair Station and Part 135 Air Carrier Certification This role is responsible to the 145 Repair Station management/FAA Accountability manager. Candidates for this position should be familiar with FAA 145 repair station regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, modify, troubleshoot and upgrade avionics/electrical systems in accordance with FAA approved/acceptable data and Manufacturers Installation and Maintenance Manuals
- Maintain company aircraft in accordance with 14 CFR Parts 43, 91, 135, Manufacturers Maintenance Manuals, and other approved/accepted data
- Troubleshoot and repair avionics systems on company aircraft in an efficient and safe manner while completing the associated technical forms and administrative documentation accurately
- Perform schedule avionics systems checks in accordance with manufacturer’s technical instructions and company Approved Aircraft Inspection Programs
- Assist with aircraft periodic inspections as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the department manager or company executive
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- FAA Mechanic License with Airframe rating
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience performing the duties listed above with a 14 CFR part 135 air carrier or part 145 certified repair station preferably in a supervisory role
- The ability to read, interpret, and apply complex technical data and associated regulatory requirements related to avionics system maintenance and installation
- Possess a strong understanding of systems interfacing, troubleshooting, and the installation requirements of avionics systems and components
- Ability to locate and identify the appropriate installation and repair data in various technical publications to establish installation standards and verify repair methods while performing avionics systems maintenance and alterations
- Ability and willingness to participate in the after-hours maintenance on-call support team which includes travel and working some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Possess a thorough knowledge of 14 CFR regulations related to aircraft maintenance and alterations
- Possess honesty, integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with a focus on quality, safety, and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency with the ability to work with Microsoft Office 2010 suite of products
- Provide own tools; a tool list will be provided prior to hire
- FAA Mechanic License with Airframe & Powerplant ratings and with an Inspection Authorization; FCC License preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with a 14 CFR Part 135 air carrier or Part 145 certified repair station preferably with 5 years in a supervisory role
- Experience in rotary wing and airplane maintenance operations with experience on Beechcraft King Air series and Learjet 35/45 series airplanes
- Computer proficiency with the ability to work with Microsoft Office 2010 suite of products at an advanced level of productivity