Medical Collections Specialist (2)
- 10888 S 300 W, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. Guardian Flight has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
The Medical Collections Specialist resolves patient billing issues, evaluates patient's financial status and establishes payment plans, and follows up on payment of delinquent accounts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsels patients and presents options for resolving their outstanding obligations.
- Follow up with Patients to ensure that payment arrangements that were made are upheld.
- Reviews daily credit card transactions and contacts patients for declined transactions
- Routinely checks patient pay accounts for Medicaid
- Enters appropriate documentation and thorough account notes
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPPA guidelines/regulations
- Uses outside vendors to find current patient phones numbers, addresses and credit scores
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers
- 1+ years of experience in customer service and medical collections
- High School diploma required
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
Successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast paced team environment, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting. Most importantly, he or she must possess the skills to conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear:
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Talk/hear – must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
- Adequate concentration/Memory skills
- Ability to comprehend and understand information
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Meet project deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply good judgment
- Decision making
- Ability to take direction
For more information, visit www.amrg.com/careers