Medical Coding Supervisor
- South Jordan, UT
Air Medical Resource Group (AMRG) is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. AMRG has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
The Medical Coding Supervisor is responsible for supervising, leading, and training a team of Medical Billers and Insurance Verification Specialists in the day-to-day operations of the Pre-Billing Department. This position will ensure the accurate and timely verification of insurance and production of bills to maximize cash collections.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises insurance verification and billing for all payers and locations in order to meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly production cash goals.
• Establishes and communicates daily and monthly production goals and actuals. Holds team accountable for achieving them.
• Meets daily and monthly departmental production goals set forth by the Director to ensure that the company is achieving its financial goals.
• Organizes and leads recurring status meetings with the Pre-Billing department to provide a forum for feedback and collaboration to improve operational inefficiencies.
• Ensures all Post-Billing functions are performing month-end procedures timely and accurately according to corporate standards.
• Ensures all necessary steps are taken to backfill and hire open positions in a timely manner.
• Conducts performance appraisals.
• Coordinates ongoing training opportunities.
• Assists Revenue Accounting regarding month end accounts receivable issues.
• Ensures HIPAA standards are being followed.
• Five (5) or more years of A/R healthcare billing experience.
• Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory or lead experience.
• Experience in claims processing along with rules and regulations relating to Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and 3rd party payers.
• Knowledge of Medicare, Managed Care, Medicaid and Insurance reimbursement systems, including billing forms and requirements for various 3rd party payers in the states where AMRG facilities are located.
• Knowledge of and skill in using personal computers and related software for word processing (such as Word), spreadsheet (such as Excel) and patient accounting software such as billing and clearinghouses.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
Successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast paced team environment, have the experience to operate multiple computer applications, have strong experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting. Most importantly, he or she must possess the skills to accurately analyze and research complex patient accounts, thus leading to the appropriate actions to resolve the account in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally required to stand and walk
• Talk/hear – must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
• Adequate concentration/Memory skills
• Ability to comprehend and understand information
• Ability to take constructive feedback
• Meet project deadlines
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to apply good judgment
• Decision making
• Ability to take direction
For more information, visit www.amrg.com/careers