- Ogden, UT
MountainStar AirCare operates two rotor-wing programs along the Wasatch Front in Ogden and Payson. The program was created in 2015 through a partnership between AMRG and MountainStar Healthcare. AirCare serves the patient population of the MountainStar network of hospitals as well as neighboring hospitals, EMS, fire and law enforcement agencies. The program is capable of responding to inter-facility and scene requests in Southern Idaho, Southwestern Wyoming and much of Northern and Central Utah.
AirCare utilizes two Airbus ASTAR 350 B3E helicopters, which are ideally suited for the mountainous terrain of our service area. AirCare crew members are highly trained and experienced and use the latest, most advanced, medical equipment and procedures to care for our patients.
Flight Nurses are responsible for the safety of patients prior to and during transport to medical care facilities. This includes provision of basic as well as advanced life support measures required to stabilize critically ill or injured patients. Flight nurses must have the ability to establish positive interpersonal and professional relationships.
- Maintain standards of safety for patients and crew.
- Provide basic and advanced patient care prior to and during transport.
- Provide compassionate and efficient patient care.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS or equivalent
- Nursing licensure and current certifications
- NRP and adult trauma training
- Three years’ experience in critical care, emergency department, and/or special care areas
- Be able to regularly lift, move and push up to 150 pounds
- Maintain a duty weight of no more than 225 pounds
- Professional certification (i.e. CCRN, CEN, and CFRN) preferred; required after two years of employment
- Flight Experience.
For more information, visit www.mountainstar.com/service/aircare