Medical Insurance Verification Specialist
- South Jordan, UT
Air Medical Resource Group (AMRG) is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. AMRG has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
The Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for obtaining patient demographics and verifying patient insurance coverage in an accurate and timely manner. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles all activities related to obtaining patient demographics from transferring/receiving facilities.
- Verifies Insurance/Eligibility on all patients through the use of online portals and making phone calls.
- Contacts customer directly when necessary to obtain additional insurance information.
- Contacts Clinical and Flight Crew when necessary to obtain additional insurance information.
- Updates patient account with corrected insurance information
- Communicates important insurance data and updates to appropriate staff
- Meets daily and monthly departmental production goals set forth by the Supervisor to ensure that the company is achieving its financial goals.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience in a medical billing office is preferred but not required.
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience.
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
Successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast paced team environment, have the experience to operate multiple computer applications, have experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Talk/hear – must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
- Adequate concentration/Memory skills
- Ability to comprehend and understand information
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Meet project deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply good judgment
- Decision making
- Ability to take direction
For more information, visit www.amrg.com/careers