Facilities Maintenance Technician - Anchorage
- Anchorage, AK
GUARDIAN FLIGHT, a leader in the air ambulance industry is growing and has an opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician position for our Anchorage, AK location. Pay is $20-$25 per hour depending on experience.
The FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN oversees all of the maintenance at each base as well as the housing at each base. The facility maintenance technician reports to the Program Director or other designated Supervisor as the situation dictates.
- Work with Program Director and Base Managers to ensure all maintenance issues are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Reports to Supervisor for work assignments and completion of same
- Follow direction for important items as directed by Supervisor
- Any conflicts on items to be completed need to be addressed with the Program Director or Designated Supervisor
- Maintain interior and exterior of base homes, offices, and hangars, including lighting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, HVAC Systems, Flooring, Hardware, janitorial, snow removal, etc.
- Addresses any other facility maintenance issues
- Maintain the base vehicles and all base housing in conjunction with the housing and vehicle administrative assistant
- Delivery of all types of materials to the respective bases
- Parts purchasing in conjunction with the housing and vehicle administrative assistant
- Assists in improvement and construction projects as assigned
- Taking bids and hiring subcontractors etc.
- Oversees special projects as needed or assigned
- Assist in moving offices and equipment as needed
- Any other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in housing and office maintenance
- Skilled in Facility System Construction and Maintenance– plumbing, electric, HVAC, framing, drywall, etc.
- Skilled in Construction Processes and Procedures
- Available to travel to different bases
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service
- Time management
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently follow through on assignments to completion
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Stress tolerance
- Proficient with equipment, hand and electrical tools
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to consistently work regular business hours with occasional on-call requirements for emergencies
- Ability to identify and solve problems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.