Flight Paramedic - AK
- Anchorage, AK
Guardian Flight is the largest air medevac provider in the state of Alaska. Guardian Flight transports medical, surgical, cardiac, trauma, pediatric, pediatric ICU, newborns, obstetrics and burn patients from rural facilities to tertiary care facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Guardian also provides non-urgent prearranged medical charters to or from any Alaskan community. Covering the entire state of Alaska, Guardian Flight serves east into the Yukon Territory and south into Seattle. Guardian's pressurized aircraft allow our experienced crews to provide bed-to-bed patient care during inter-facility transports. From rural locations, the patient is cared for from point-of-care to the receiving hospital.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain standards of safety for patients and crew.
• Provide basic and advanced patient care prior to and during transport.
• Provide compassionate and efficient patient care.
• BLS, ACLS, PALS, or equivalent.
• Current paramedic licensure
• National registry (NREMT-P) certification
• NRP and adult trauma training
• Three years ALS experience
• Be able to regularly lift, move, and push up to 150 pounds
• Maintain a duty weight of no more than 265 pounds
• Professional certification (i.e. FP-C, CCP-C)
• Experience in critical care and/or emergency department preferred
• Flight experience
For additional information, please visit www.guardianflight.com