Regional Education Coordinator
- Anchorage, AK
Guardian Flight is Alaska’s largest air medical provider with more aircraft in more places than any other organization in the state combined. Our history and experience has allowed our staff to gain a unique understanding of healthcare within the state.
Our crewmembers translate that experience into successful patient outcomes and community service as we live and work in this great state.
- Responsible for ensuring coordination and delivery of required educational programs for both new hires and existing clinical personnel
- Performs audits and verifies employee educational requirement completion and documentation (Some travel required)
- Assists in the identification and revision of all continuing education requirements to maintain compliance with all accrediting, regulating and credentialing agencies.
- Active involvement in web based course evaluation and development
- Works closely with leadership in assisting with outreach education when available
- Assists with the development of area-specific orientation of local protocol and procedures for new employees.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Medical Operations Manual, Patient Care Guidelines, Accreditation standards and Employee Handbook.
- Assist in the development of monitoring systems for continuing education compliance. Reviews system on at least a quarterly basis to ensure continued compliance by medical crew members and coordinates efforts with leadership.
- Assist with simulation training
- Maintain all requirements and fulfill all essential functions of a flight crewmember as assigned, with the emphasis on being able to fly in the aircraft to observe and evaluate clinical crew member competency
4 years of clinical experience; composed of 2 years of recent critical care experience.
Current ACLS, PALS/ENPC, BLS, TNCC or equivalent.
Advanced trauma course certifications.
Skilled in educational practices.
Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
Professional certification (i.e. CCRN, CFRN, FP-C, or CCP-C) preferred
Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Experience in adult education preferred: experience as training preceptor and certified instructor in ITLS, ACLS, BLS, PALS, NRP
Leadership skills and the ability to relate to clinical EMS staff and hospital staff.
For more information, visit www.guardianflight.com