- Fairbanks, AK
With seven bases statewide, Guardian Flight is the largest air medevac provider in the state of Alaska. Guardian Flight transports medical, surgical, cardiac, trauma, pediatric, pediatric ICU, newborns, obstetrics and burn patients from rural facilities to tertiary care facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Guardian also provides non-urgent prearranged medical charters to or from any Alaskan community. Covering the entire state of Alaska, Guardian Flight serves east into the Yukon Territory and south into Seattle. Guardian's pressurized aircraft allow our experienced crews to provide bed-to-bed patient care during inter-facility transports. From rural locations, the patient is cared for from point-of-care to the receiving hospital.
Flight Nurses are responsible for the safety of patients prior to and during transport to medical care facilities. This includes provision of basic as well as advanced life support measures required to stabilize critically ill or injured patients. Flight nurses must have the ability to establish positive interpersonal and professional relationships.
- Maintain standards of safety for patients and crew.
- Provide basic and advanced patient care prior to and during transport.
- Provide compassionate and efficient patient care.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS or equivalent
- Nursing licensure and current certifications
- NRP and adult trauma training
- Three years experience in critical care, emergency department, and/or special care areas.
- Professional certification (i.e. CCRN, CEN, and CFRN) preferred; required after two years of employment
- Flight experience
For more information go to www.guardianflight.com