Summer Internship - Audit (2024) – Westborough, Boston, Hybrid role working from an office or remotely
AAFCPAs is an innovative and forward-thinking firm with a focus on automation. We have enjoyed primarily organic growth and continue our laser focus on sustained growth as an independent regional firm. We provide best-value assurance, tax, outsourced accounting, business consulting, information technology advisory solutions, and wealth management services to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, wealthy individuals, and estates. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations. We have an active DE&I committee and have commitment and accountability to these efforts.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the third largest CPA firm association in the world with 300+ member firms in over 100 countries. This provides our clients with seamless national and global coverage, along with an advantageous pay-as-you-use model.
As a member of our client services team, you will be welcomed and engaged as a full-time Staff Accountant, performing analysis and financial document preparation as part of an engagement team for various clients and businesses. Demonstrate your technical knowledge and ability to apply what you have learned in the classroom to client engagement assignments.
- Develop an understanding of firm concepts and what places us above other firms.
- Enthusiasm for client needs and provide prompt service and increase your self-confidence.
- Develop an understanding of the nature of work, understand and differentiate between compilations, reviews, audits, tax planning and compliance, and management advisory services.
- Complete specific assignments under supervision in a technically competent manner within the allotted time.
- Increase audit and accounting knowledge and techniques including awareness and understanding of all professional standards.
- Develop proficient organizational skills using automation – MS Office suite, paperless work papers, time and billing system, tax return software, etc.
- Rising Senior or Completed Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Excel & Word
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- Comprehensive benefits package
The comprehensive benefits package that includes subsidized medical and dental, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability, plus more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this position, please go to AAFCPAs’ website: www.aafcpa.com and click the link to Careers.
AAFCPAs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.