Senior Leader, Software Engineering
- 3705 W Memorial Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73134, USA
a la mode is a pioneer in workflow technology. We've been solving digital supply chain and data gathering problems in one of the broadest sectors of the financial services industry for over 30 years.
Our tools and products power more than 50% of all residential real estate transactions in the US each year and are used by tens of thousands of real estate appraisers and mortgage lenders.
Members of our team enjoy benefits like unlimited paid vacation, flex time, affordable health insurance, generous 401(k), career advancement training, a no dress code policy, free and fully stocked cafe, and more. To get the details and see what our people say, visit www.alamode.com/careers.
What we need:
- A passionate software developer who’s even more passionate about the profession of recruiting, mentoring and leading software development teams.
- A serious student and practitioner of the latest software development and solution delivery methodologies, disciplines and tools, throughout the entire development life cycle.
- A relentless project manager for which scoping, planning, execution, and overall process control is second nature.
- A strong communicator who excels at managing remote teams and onsite employees.
What you’ll do:
- Guide the architecture, development and deployment of software that powers half of all real estate transactions in the country.
- Implement software development management best practices.
- Manage, mentor and grow your software development team.
- Continuously evaluate our core technology processes and look for opportunities to streamline and add greater value.
- Plan releases, schedule development, and perform initial assessments to provide estimates for proposed development tasks.
- Track and report progress of the project against key milestones.
- Drive, coordinate and execute, leveraging your team, the CTO, Product Managers and other business leaders to transform product design and specifications into mission-critical solutions for tens of thousands of business owners, nationwide.
Experience you should have:
- Developing business-class desktop applications using C# and Visual Studio.NET.
- Developing large-scale, business-class front-end and back-end web applications.
- Managing onsite, remote and outsourced development staff.
- Using incremental and iterative solutions-delivery and other current agile delivery methods.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
Tools and environments
- MVC, MVP or MVVM design patterns
- Windows Forms (WinForms), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), GDI+
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Relational Database Design, T-SQL, stored procedures and triggers.
- ASP.NET Web Applications (WebForms, MVC, Web API, Web Services)
- Multi-threaded applications
This full-time position comes with first-class, top-tier benefits & an environment like no other. We love our people and it shows. EOE.