RN Staff Development and Infection Control Nurse
- Zumbrota, MN
At St. Francis Health Services you’ll find health care, housing and services that center around community. Our caring staff and comfortable living communities provide our residents with the respect and support they deserve.
Zumbrota Health Services
- Zumbrota Care Center offers 50 beds of 24/7 skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services.
- The Bridges of Zumbrota, connected to Zumbrota Care Center, provides 22 units of Assisted Living services.
Zumbrota Health Services, operated under the direction of St Francis Health Services, is committed to express Christ's message of love and hope by providing for health, residential, community and allied services in a holistic, competent and caring manner that recognizes the value and dignity in every human life.
Zumbrota Health Services is currently seeking a multi-talented individual to shine!
The responsibilities of this RN position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee, develop, and revise the infection prevention and control program to improve our resident's quality of care and safety through enhancement of our surveillance, identification, reporting, investigation, treatment and controlling of infections and the spread of communicable disease.
- Establish education resources, material, and training needs for staff, resident and families.
- Coordinate on-going nursing staff education and be responsible for monitoring staff performing resident care tasks to assure proper procedures are being followed.
- Coordinate the admission of residents.
Flexible Hours! Choose your own schedule between the hours of 6am - 10:30pm! This position includes an every third weekend rotation. This is a Full Time Exempt position offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package that includes FREE EMPLOYEE HEALTH INSURANCE, $150 Employer Contribution to a Healthcare Savings Account, Dental, Personal Leave Time, Pension Plan, and MUCH MORE! For the full position listing or to apply online, go to: http://zhs.sfhs.org/employment/ or call Kerri at 507-732-8401.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Infection Control board certification training through NADONA and ongoing training in required areas, as related to this position.
1. Currently licensed as a RN in Minnesota and in good standing.
2. 18 years of age or older.
3. Possess good observation skills.
4. Able to be self-directed, yet work well as a team member.
5. Possess a positive and caring attitude toward residents, co-workers, and visitors.
6. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing skilled nursing facility resident care and safety.
7. Demonstrates integrity, good judgment, and excellent communication skills.
8. Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications and other office equipment.
9. Previous knowledge of Quality Improvement and Assessment procedures a plus!
Zumbrota Health Services is a Five-Star Quality Rated nursing home by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We are dedicated to serving older adults by providing skilled nursing, comprehensive therapies and residential services to Zumbrota and the surrounding areas.
Zumbrota Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.