Staff Product Designer
- Department: Product Management
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access, create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 190 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyberattacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier grade level– we process over 50 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
Zscaler's “New Initiatives” Product Design team is revolutionizing a growing, $170+ billion industry while securing 40+ million daily users with a highly design-centric approach to problem solving and software development. Our platform helps organizations to better secure their people, workloads and data without compromising on performance and user experience.
We are looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our team to create state-of-the-art commercial and consumer applications used by global customers every day. The products you design and launch will help keep businesses and consumers secure through cutting edge design patterns and user interfaces. You will fuel and bring to market software solutions that delight and empower customers with making informed decisions on a global impact. You will use your creative superpowers to come up with and re-use UX and visual paradigms to help our users make data-driven decisions quicker.
As a Staff Product Designer, you will partner with product management, engineering and business leaders to build delightful experiences for our customers, and establish and promote a design culture throughout the organization. You will articulate the design vision and strategy while overseeing the user experience and instilling design thinking into the product development lifecycle. This role requires you to simultaneously balance and drive design and technical goals and shape the visual design language for the user experience across the application suite. You have relentlessly high standards and are never satisfied with the status quo. If you're ready to make a difference to Zscaler and our customers, and you want to tackle huge challenges, we would love to talk to you!
In this role, you will:
- Lead end-to-end application design across multiple products and create amazing experiences that delight customers.
- Help develop scalable cutting edge and flexible global design guidelines to maintain clean and consistent user interfaces across products as we grow.
- Rapidly visualize, prototype, explore multiple product directions, and validate hypotheses - understanding the business and technical impact of your decisions.
- Apply your deep understanding of UX best practices to drive innovation in your designs.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Content and Marketing to deliver a cohesive experience across all channels.
- Contribute to building out best practices and culture across the design organization and outside the immediate team.
- Acquire deep understanding of our users by employing different techniques (e.g. customer interviews, surveys, usability tests)
- Must have 8+ years of UX and/or Product Design experience.
- At least 5 years of experience designing in the enterprise and/or B2B domain.
- Demonstrable track record of shipping world-class product designs in Figma, Sketch or comparable tools with relentless focus on delivering simple and intuitive solutions to complex problems (UX Design portfolio required, please provide a link).
- Demonstrable success in crafting, innovating and scaling strong UX design.
- Demonstrable strong visual design skills and creating pixel-perfect, high fidelity designs.
- Experience working with and contributing to Design Systems.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate clearly and distinctly, both verbally and in writing with peers and stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of technical limitations and front-end development techniques (HTML, CSS, JS frameworks).
- Experience with analytical interfaces is highly desirable.
- IT/Cloud Security Field familiarity/background is a big plus.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $129,500 to $185,000+ bonus + equity + benefits.
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, location and relevant education or training
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. This email address is used specifically for accommodation requests only, and resumes, CV's, or questions other than accommodations will not be replied to or accepted.