Sr. Manager, Enterprise Data Platform
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Position: Sr. Manager, Enterprise Data Platform
Location: Remote within United States
About the team: As part of the IT group, we are responsible for executing our enterprise data strategy which emphasizes data management maturity, fosters a robust data culture, and architects a best-in-class enterprise data platform. We have the ultimate goal to provide trusted data and insights at scale which enable corporate and functional data-driven decision-making. We are fueled by organic innovation, internal collaboration and adoption of data visualization, data management, reporting automation, AI/ML and integration tools. We leverage best practices and alignment through our Enterprise Data Community to deliver speed to insight, scale, control and enablement. The team is distributed across the United States and India and is composed of data engineers, data analysts, visualization developers, and infrastructure specialists.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Reporting to the VP of Data you will develop and maintain our overarching Enterprise Data Platform strategy including technology and vendor selection
- Architect, design, develop, and implement large-scale data operations with a focus on scalability, latency, efficiency, standardization, interoperability and fault-tolerance
- Manage team of ETL/ELT Engineers and own/maintain portfolio of application to data warehouse integrations and supported APIs
- Curate and implement data engineering best practices
- Improve, manage, and teach standards for code maintainability and performance in code submitted and reviewed
- Generate architecture recommendations with the ability to implement them
- Deliver on data management maturity roadmap including data governance and QA
- Collaborate with Data Platform Integrity Lead to define and implement security standards
- Perform technical interviews for data platform engineers
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity
- Define and extend our internal standards for style, maintenance, and best practices for a high-scale data platform
- Propose ideas to improve the scale, performance, and capabilities of the Data Platform
- 10+ years of experience in Data Engineering, Data Integration, Data Architecture roles
- Experience using Python, Java, or Scala for data processing (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with data-related Python packages
- Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and analytical data warehouses (Snowflake preferred)
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices at scale
- Hands-on experience with data pipeline tools (Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, dbt)
- Strong data modeling skills and familiarity with the Kimball methodology
- Familiarity with Data Mesh guiding principles
- Familiar with Saas application APIs
- Hands-on experience developing, testing and productionalizing AI/ML models
- Experience supporting Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Product
- Experience with Hadoop, AWS, Azure or similar a plus
- Experience implementing Master Data Management solutions a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.