Senior Data Architect
- Arizona, TX 77320, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Position: Senior Data Architect
Location: Remote within United States
Zscaler is building a data platform to serve as the single source of truth for all data and reporting needs of its cross functional business teams. The ideal candidate will be someone who is data obsessed Architect in the Subscriptions/SaaS area, passionate about designing and deploying scalable data architecture and transformations to support cross-functional teams, deeply understands how data is created, stored, integrated, and used, and executes data & analytics roadmap forward.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
What You will Deliver:
• An enterprise and function-specific data architecture and data models (conceptual & physical) designed for scalability, consistency, integrity, and quality
• Design, implement, and scale the data warehouse and infrastructure as per agreed upon BI architecture to enable analytical and reporting needs across various business functions
• Inventories of data sources, master & reference data, dictionary, definitions, standards, and metadata management including policies to define, name, structure, and secure data assets
• Execute on enterprise data governance and MDM roadmap (data generation, storage, security, and consumption) with focus on building Customer and Product master views, definitions, metrics governance and dictionaries
Who You Are:
• Passion for designing scalable data models (conceptual/physical) identifying entities and attributes and their relationships from function-specific and enterprise lenses
• Strong appetite for deep-diving into systems, business processes and data discovery by leveraging cross-functional business and technical teams to understand data requirements
• Passionate about implementation of MDM and Data Governance frameworks
• Drives data literacy and enablement within the organization by building and utilizing data and analytics tools to enable improved understanding of data assets impacting business decisions
• 10+ years of data architect experience with focus on data modeling, data integration, master and metadata management, and analysis
• Extensive experience in integration of SaaS data/processes from various source systems (Sales, Revenue, CRM, Forecasting, Planning etc.) into enterprise data foundation
• Extensive hands on experience in designing data warehouse models, ELT & ETL processes, and BI development
• Advanced SQL, python, and scripting skills and experience in visualization tool such as Tableau
• Experience with Sales, Finance, Marketing, Employee, Product data in applications like Salesforce, NetSuite, Clari, Anaplan, Hadoop etc.
• Experience building data & business processes using ER Diagrams
• Experience driving large-scale cloud enterprise data warehouse projects & establishing since source of truths for key entities with focus on data quality metrics and connectedness of data across foundations
• Strong experience collaborating with business stakeholders and users in areas of Product, Sales, Operations, Finance, and Marketing to understand, document, and implement data & analytics needs
• Hands on experience with industry standard ETL tool like Matillion, Fivetran, Informatica etc.
• Experience implementing data governance framework and deliverables
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.