Sr. Data Engineer
- Chandigarh, India
- Department: Information Technology
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler IT department seeking a Data Engineer to collaboratively work with IT, Sales, Finance/FP&A Departments. This position will work closely with key business partners across these departments to drive data visualizations (reports/dashboards) to bring insight and answers to business problems/KPIs.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand, define and document business applications, data sources/relationships, and needs (metrics, dimensions, charts and dashboards).
- Create KPIs, Reports, dashboards, and Analysis.
- Analyze and Identify new data sources as needed per stakeholder requirements.
- Assist in the design and documentation of data infrastructure and technologies.
- 8 years of BI data warehousing design / development / implementation experience and expertise in ETL/ELT development and data modeling (Dimensional/ERD).
- 8 years experience with databases like Snowflake, Matillion, Teradata, MySQL etc with strong hands-on knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with creating data warehouses including Star/Snowflake schema, database snapshots etc and working with large-scale data set.
- 3 years experience with contemporary data visualization technology (Tableau, Periscope, Domo, etc.)
- Experience with contemporary business applications (Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Zendesk, Marketo etc.) and their reporting tools (and familiar with data model) is a plus.
- Create queries to support data analysis and ad hoc information requests.
- Ability to do end-end RCA and come up with solutions.
- Create and maintain data dictionary and documentation.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment.
- Strong Analytical and interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborate with the other team members across different teams.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.