Senior Backend Software Engineer - (all genders)
- Department: Tech & IT
Our mission started more than 20 years ago, where we dedicated ourselves to creating moments of happiness between pets and pet parents across 30 European countries. Today, we stand strong as Europe’s leading online pet platform, delivering moments of happiness to more than 9 million pet parents each 🐶🐈
At Zooplus, we are committed to making pet owners' lives easier and more enjoyable. Our platform provides a wide range of products and services to cater to all our customers needs. As we continue to grow, we are seeking an awesome Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our talented team and drive innovation in our search engine capabilities.
The MadDragons team is a diverse Python/data focused team within Zooplus, we like to learn and deliver good quality products. For that, we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset are the best ways to do it. As a team we use agile development, and we like to help each other and pair-program in a friendly environment.
We are responsible for 3 projects within the company:
- Recommendation engine. Every time you see a carousel recommending you a bunch of items, especially those that drive your pet crazy, that's us!
- Search engine. Whenever you're looking for "dog food", we retrieve those results you're expecting and not the next fancy aquarium for your fish
- Real time personalized incentives, where social analytics meets big data, machine learning and large-scale real-time services
Our tech stack
- Design and implement new features for Search Engine
- Work with a team to constantly improve code quality
- Collaborate with the company to improve the software delivery system
- See what you do in a real-life customer facing product
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Good understanding of data structures and clean code
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- You are interested in DevOps philosophy
- 2-3 years of experience in software development is preferred
- Experience with Flask, FastAPI
- Willing to learn on the job
- Nice to have: experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Nice to have: Front end development experience, preferably in React
Let us know better your code skills adding your Github
With more than 1,000 passionate professionals located across 10 European offices, we believe our success comes from working together and leveraging our international strengths. Expect to work in a hybrid environment, collaborating with colleagues in different locations remotely or face-to-face at the office.
🐾 20% discount in our zooplus shop
📖 Internal and external training
🎈 Team events
✈️ 28 Annual Vacation Days
🩺 Private Medical Health Insurance
⏰ Hybrid working model (up to 60% remote)
Want to know more? Learn more about who we are and what we do and visit our LinkedIn company profile.
zooplus is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.