Sales Engineer - West Coast
- Los Gatos, CA, USA
Founded in 2006, Zift Solutions helps channel leaders deliver an unparalleled partner experience and capture more revenue with fully integrated tools, expertise, services and support. Zift is focused on enhancing channel partner program productivity and profitability by automating marketing, sales and operational processes. Over the last decade, the company has grown organically and via mergers and acquisition. Zift now employs over 200 people worldwide, with US-based headquarters in New Jersey and offices across the US, UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
As the Enterprise Channel Management leader, Zift synchronizes the people, processes and technology B2B organizations require to drive channel revenue and growth with Channel as a Service. Our comprehensive range of applications integrate seamlessly with established systems and infrastructure to speed time-to-sales, engage partners and provide greater ROI. Our customers are industry leaders and high-growth companies in the high-tech, manufacturing, telecommunications, financial services and insurance sectors. Our teams work together to create a positive impact on our customers, strategic partners and employees.
Zift is growing fast and is looking for a Sales Engineer for the West Region (CA, OR, WA, AZ, ID, NV).
We are looking for someone who can operate in a fast pace sales organization and can work collaboratively with the sales, customer success and delivery teams. The individual will be empowered to go above and beyond in order to meet and exceed the company’s goals.
The objectives for this role are to augment and assist the sales team in identifying customer requirements and aligning them closely with Zift’s features and functionalities. This will be achieved through direct customer engagement throughout the sales process through face to face meetings, online meetings and product demonstrations. This role will be responsible for configuring demonstrations or POC’s, and managing the POC process where necessary. You will also participate in the formulation of commercial proposals where in conjunction with PS you will be seen as the architect of the final solution offered to the customer.
During the sales process, you will be seen as a trusted advisor to the customer – focused, on delivering the best solution for their business rather than merely closing the sale. Essentially, you will create and articulate the Zift customer-specific application solution in a compelling way.Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with Sales Personnel to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of pre-sales activities.
- Oversee the production of responses to Requests for Information and Requests for Pricing where these require feature, function and technical information.
- Liaison with Product Managers and Development to understand details of product direction and design and communicate information back to sales organization.
- Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within the product and how these are applied to address business and technical problems. This includes interacting with Product Management and Development on an on-going basis to stay current.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
- Liaising with the PS team on the overall business requirements of the customer and jointly with PS, creating the proposed Zift solution for the customer
- Required to stay current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Responsible for preparing for meetings and tailoring communications to address business needs of potential clients as part of the pre-sales process.
- Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding products including coordinating gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
- Responsible for working with Product Management to develop and deliver training on business problems, products, and messages (classroom and OTJ) for new staff members.
- Responsible for creating proofs of concept with Product Management/Product Development that meet the customer’s requirements
- Responsible for the creation, management and maintenance of product demonstration systems and scenarios to ensure they adequately portray our capabilities and align with customer needs.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel, develop and conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations, customer organization, etc with Professional Services and other post-sales teams.
- A strong background in executive-level communication, building customer and partner relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years in pre-sales / sales engineering
- Experience in operating at senior management levels within both LOB and IT.
- Experience in SaaS business development, sales or strategic planning is desirable.
- Proven sales acumen is desirable.
- An understanding of the commercial, financial and technical challenges faced with running a modern sales and marketing organization.
- Successful experience in selling SaaS based marketing and sales applications.
- Selling into IT & IT Manufacturing, Manufacturing and Financial Services.
- Have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process.
EEO POLICY (EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Zift Solutions practices equal opportunity without regards to race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local laws.
This policy applies to all personnel actions in all job classifications as well as to all terms and conditions of employment. It includes, but is not limited to, such areas as hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, benefits, transfer, layoff, recall and recreational programs.
As an equal opportunity employer, Zift Solutions, is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Valerie Brecht at 919-760-1343 for assistance.