VP of Product Management
- 6501 Weston Pkwy, Cary, NC 27513, USA
Founded in 2006, Zift Solutions helps channel leaders deliver an unparalleled partner experience and capture more revenue with fully integrated tools, expertise, services and support. Zift is focused on enhancing channel partner program productivity and profitability by automating marketing, sales and operational processes. Over the last decade, the company has grown organically and via mergers and acquisition. Zift now employs over 200 people worldwide, with US-based headquarters in New Jersey and offices across the US, UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
As the Enterprise Channel Management leader, Zift synchronizes the people, processes and technology B2B organizations require to drive channel revenue and growth with Channel as a Service. Our comprehensive range of applications integrate seamlessly with established systems and infrastructure to speed time-to-sales, engage partners and provide greater ROI. Our customers are industry leaders and high-growth companies in the high-tech, manufacturing, telecommunications, financial services and insurance sectors. Our teams work together to create a positive impact on our customers, strategic partners and employees.
The VP of Product Management is responsible for managing the high-level strategic direction of a number of major initiatives as well as the granular use cases, business requirements, functional requirements, backlog and product P&L in support of the development of the Zift CHaaS software platform. The VP is responsible for maintaining the strategic direction of the products, the status of work, and overall prioritization of work in the Product Development Backlog. He/she will collaborate closely with Engineering, QA, Product Marketing, Sales/Support and professional services to collect feedback and communicate the direction of the product.
- Collaborate throughout the company to define and deliver commercially successful products and services that advance the strategy of the company and increase the value of the enterprise
- Establish and communicate the vision and strategy for the product portfolio
- Establish and foster a culture of customer-focused innovation, including a consistent and thorough process to understand customer needs
- Manage and provide direction (e.g. organization structure, roles and responsibilities, learning and development) for the product management team
- Oversee the hiring, development and retention of product management talent
- Lead innovation investment strategy and decision-making across the product portfolio
- Create and track metrics for the product portfolio’s overall commercial performance
- Ensure adherence across the product management function to key activities in the innovation and go-to-market process (e.g. competitive analysis, release readiness)
- Ensure that best practice deliverables (e.g. business cases, product roadmaps) are used consistently across the product management organization
- Direct the creation of pricing models and facilitate pricing decisions by working with a cross-functional pricing team
- Coordinate with product development leaders to set and adjust resource allocations across the product and project portfolio
- Manage and allocate budget for product management
- Provide input into corporate strategy and acquisitions
- Coordinate with marketing and sales leaders to maintain interlock with product management and resolve issues
- Ensure that product management delivers user stories, use cases, business requirements, and functional requirements according to industry best practice, and as agreed with engineering.
- Engage with business owners to ensure the backlogs are appropriately prioritized for all user stories and development tasks.
- Collaborate with User Experience and Engineering management to ensure appropriate scoping of new product functionality.
- Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Sciences, is preferred
- Significant and relevant product management experience, including managing product management teams and product portfolios
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams and direct reports, including international management
- Minimum of five years of experience managing multiple direct reports and developing and delivering on measurable goals
- Demonstrated success working with C-level executives
- Experience managing a complex budget
- Business acumen and understanding of early-stage corporate enterprise value creation.
- A big-picture perspective with a passion for success and willingness to dive into the details necessary to achieve it.
- Previous experience in technical product development is desirable
- Channel technology and/or related industry experience
- Related technology background
- Strong knowledge of marketing/media reporting and associated KPIs, data sources, and data processing requirements.
- Experience in scrum-based Agile development methodology.
- Experience gathering and documenting business and functional requirements in support of product development.
- Experience working alongside Engineering and User Experience teams to deliver products, including working directly with teams comprised of a variety of skills
- Direct product delivery experience identifying commercially viable products and release planning.
- Exceptional communicator in all forms: written, oral, and presentation
- Comfortable with collaboration tools and skilled in business applications such the Microsoft Office and Google suites
- Problem solver with the skills to gain commitment and collaboration from individuals throughout the organization that do not directly report to you
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Able to work with, and gain the trust and support of, high-intellect engineers
- Willing and eager to work hard, and able to balance conflicting schedule demands
- Willing and able to travel – including international
- Comfortable working with customers even when they are not happy
- Sales oriented and skilled as an asset to assist sales to close business without compromising product integrity
EEO POLICY (EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Zift Solutions practices equal opportunity without regards to race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local laws.
This policy applies to all personnel actions in all job classifications as well as to all terms and conditions of employment. It includes, but is not limited to, such areas as hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, benefits, transfer, layoff, recall and recreational programs.
As an equal opportunity employer, Zift Solutions, is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Valerie Brecht at 919-760-1343 for assistance.