Analytics Solutions Consultant
- 283 4th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Events in recent years have made us all too familiar with the havoc that natural disasters can wreak, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring.
Despite record levels of losses, conventional methods of risk modeling continue to paint at best an incomplete picture of these threats.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us become more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
As an Analytics Solutions Consultant, you thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment. You enjoy and are capable of being the go-to person for company stakeholders, clients, and future customers. You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. More importantly, you are capable of navigating and solving the complexities of Property and Casualty insurance analytics and risks assignments.
What You’ll Do
- Drive client delivery of Zesty.ai data products and services on catastrophic events. This will also entail the translation of data into insights and recommendations for the client, primarily delivered as a presentation
- Manage client facing projects from conceptualization to realization within cross-functional client teams to ensure that deliverables are on time, accurate, and exceed client expectations
- Enable sales efforts by leading and delivering detailed demonstrations of Zesty.ai’s solution capabilities in coordination with the outside sales team assigned to those accounts
- Collaborate with the Sales and Client Services teams to develop ROI calculations for insights delivered to clients, work with clients to ensure value capture
- Possess a deep understanding of Zesty.ai solutions and services including their key differentiators versus legacy approaches and competing offerings
- Partner with strategic customers and Zesty.ai’s leadership to identify and prioritize new solutions and enhanced capabilities within Zesty.ai’s portfolio
- Deliver insights to Zesty.ai’s Product team to build the next generation of product
- Travel, as required, to support the above responsibilities (20 - 40%)
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) with 5+ years relevant experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in client services role or consulting / analytics role in the insurance and / or financial services industry
- Relevant experience in a Management Consultant, Manager, or Director level capacity
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to translate data into insights
- Superb oral, written, and presentation skills, particularly with customers
- Client engagement: ability to interface with key client stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including senior management
- Experience as a power user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Business Intelligence software, such as Microstrategy, Tableau, QlikView, or Business Objects
- Proven track-record of delivering high quality results in a timely manner
Nice to Have:
- You have insurance industry experience in data modeling, actuarial analysis, and / or risk analysis, or equivalent experience as a service provider to these functions
- You have: SQL knowledge, but not required
- Be part of a well-funded growth-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture (bunch of smart people who like to win together)
- Company-sponsored outings and offsites
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.