- 283 4th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Events in recent years have made us all too familiar with the havoc that natural disasters can wreak, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring.
Despite record levels of losses, conventional methods of catastrophe risk modeling continue to paint at best an incomplete picture of these threats.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help communities around the world become more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes for business and society.
As a Product Analyst, you are an analytical thinker and passionate about working with complex data. You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. You will be crucial in helping build the platform that delivers processed data and imagery to our machine learning systems. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast and are comfortable learning new skills and working with unfamiliar technologies.
- Research, define and prioritize feature development across Product, Engineering, and Sales teams
- Discover and translate data into tractable data science questions and engineering specifications to guide strategic decision making
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers as a key member of the model development process
- Create custom reports and dashboards to provide analytical insight into a complex problem to aid with solutions and improvements
- Iterate rapidly on everything; all of the above happens in a fast paced business driven environment that you must be comfortable with
- Analyze spatial and geographical data using GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, etc
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- 3+ years of analytical experience as a Product Analyst or Generalist and / or related fields
- BA or BS in quantitative majors such as Economics, Statistics, or Finance, etc
- Proficient in SQL, Excel, and Python, GIS software (arcGIS, QGIS)
- Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery
- Strong interest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Excitement to be a part of insurtech and propertytech industries
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to the insurance, real estate and risk modeling
- Be part of a well-funded growth-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture (bunch of smart people who like to win together)
- Company-sponsored outings and offsites
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.