Senior Full Stack Engineer
- 283 4th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Events in recent years have made us all too familiar with the havoc that natural disasters can wreak, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring.
Despite record levels of losses, conventional methods of risk modeling continue to paint at best an incomplete picture of these threats.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us become more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack who is comfortable building rich and robust web applications backed by large-scale data. You should have a demonstrated record of tackling increasingly challenging professional projects, and a passion for delivering high quality systems and code. You will be part of the core team driving development of Zesty.ai’s proprietary applications for real estate property analytics.
As our ideal candidate, you thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast. You are comfortable learning new skills and working with unfamiliar technologies. You are passionate about designing systems that elegantly solve complex business problems, and you have an opinion about doing things the right way. You are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. You are hungry to be on the critical path, to lead the discussion, and to have an impact on the world.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
- Be an early member of the core team that architects and develops Zesty.ai’s web applications from concept through launch
- Own the design and development of responsive web applications for large-scale data visualization and exploration
- Own the design and development of scalable web services (API, logic, and data tiers)
- Build a reusable web component library to facilitate application extensibility
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- 3+ years of employment as a full-stack engineer in a professional team setting.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Strong experience with visualization libraries (D3.js, Chart.js or similar)
- Strong experience developing and integrating with APIs
- Strong experience planning and writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Experience building software for the cloud (GCP or AWS)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and database schema design and performance optimization
- Ability to easily dive into code written in unfamiliar languages
- Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery of features
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Experience or familiarity with geography, geometry and GIS systems
WHAT’S YOUR STYLE
- A developer who loves the speed of a start-up
- A team-player with a good sense of humor
- Someone with strong communication skills, excellent ability to analyze and diagnose, good planning and work management skills, and great attention to detail
- Be part of a well-funded growth-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture (bunch of smart people who like to win together)
- Company-sponsored outings and offsites
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.