Senior Director, Marketing
- 283 4th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Events in recent years have made us all too familiar with the havoc that natural disasters can wreak, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring.
Despite record levels of losses, conventional methods of catastrophe risk modeling continue to paint at best an incomplete picture of these threats.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help communities around the world become more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes for business and society.
As a Senior Director of Marketing, you are comfortable and excited to lead marketing at a fast growing B2B startup. You will work closely with the Founders who see immense value in marketing when done right. You will also be working with Product and Sales leaders and provide guidance on marketing strategies. Furthermore, you will oversee content development and manage tactical marketing initiatives that give a differentiated voice to Zesty.ai. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast, and are comfortable setting in place structures and processes to help the company scale and deliver on its brand promise across all channels. This is the first Marketing role at Zesty.ai and will be a fully hands-on marketing role with you as the main decision maker.
- Build the Marketing discipline at Zesty.ai and set in place structures and processes
- Oversee multiple B2B marketing areas - branding, product, content, digital marketing, and more
- Develop robust and effective marketing strategies to increase Zesty.ai’s brand domestically and globally
- Fine-tune the messaging and positioning of Zesty.ai and its suite of products
- Bring your marketing domain expertise to developing product marketing materials that elevate and promote Zesty.ai’s products and services
- Own and develop current social media channels to increase traffic, engagement, and leads
- Own and manage company conferences, trade shows, and major marketing events
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- You are an opinionated story teller, who understands the value of data
- You are a creative powerhouse who loves the challenge of hands-on execution
- You have an MA / MS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 10+ years experience developing marketing strategies and initiatives, running marketing campaigns, and managing content / digital marketing (social media)
- ~3 years experience working specifically in marketing within a fast growing startup
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to succinctly articulate the company's vision and strategy
- Proven track-record of delivering high quality results in a timely manner; ability to juggle competing priorities
- Strong organizational and management skills with past experiences implementing best practices and processes
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word), Adobe, social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), social media tools (Buffer, Hootsuite), and CRM software (HubSpot, Salesforce)
- Be part of a well-funded, high growth start-up
- Enjoy a meritocracy with zero bureaucracy
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture (bunch of smart people who like to win together)
- Company-sponsored outings and offsites
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.