Machine Learning Engineer
- 284 4th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Events in recent years have made us all too familiar with the havoc that natural disasters can wreak, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring.
Despite record levels of losses, conventional methods of risk modeling continue to paint at best an incomplete picture of these threats.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us become more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you are comfortable and excited to work closely with the engineering team to build the best AI tech possible. You will develop top tier models that will give us strong insights to maximize the impact of our company efforts. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast and are comfortable setting in place structures and processes to help the company scale.
- Research and model aspects of the built environment utilizing satellite imagery, LiDAR and other datasets
- Help develop training and cross-validation data sets for machine learning algorithms
- Translate product management, engineering, and business constraints and queries into tractable data science questions
- Iterate rapidly on everything; all of the above happens in a fast paced business driven environment that you must be comfortable with
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- BA / BS degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, Economics and/or Political Science
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments
- Experience working with deep learning / neural network models (using TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe)
- Strong organizational and management skills with past experiences implementing best practices and processes
- Experience working with large image datasets (great if you’ve already worked with satellite imagery) and related tools OpenCV, Pillow, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your dependents
- Pre-tax commuter & parking benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.