- 331 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Recent years have made us all too familiar with the destruction that natural disasters can bring about, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring. Every year we are faced with the devastation and harsh impact that wildfires, hurricanes, and floods have on millions of lives. Despite mounting losses, conventional methods of risk modeling at best paint an incomplete picture of these threats, and at worst, get them completely wrong. Better outcomes require better preparedness. Better preparedness requires better modeling, which requires better data and better approaches to working with that data.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us be more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
We have partnered with leading insurance carriers and reinsurers to underwrite risk more accurately, provide customers a smoother purchasing experience and manage inspections more cost-effectively.
We are looking for an Office Manager who is comfortable wearing multiple hats, thrives in a fast paced environment, and is excited to be a part of a growing start up. Zesty.ai needs someone who can be flexible, pivot quickly, takes joy in the small details but have the foresight to think big picture. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, great at juggling competing priorities, excels at anticipating needs, and can effortlessly represent the company in a sound and thoughtful manner. This role is crucial and will be a part of the core team that builds the future of the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support and manage organization, space planning, cleanliness and functionality of the office space (manage meeting room schedules, office logistics, etc)
- Serve as the company’s first point of contact; greeting office guests, answering incoming office calls, manage general email inquiries, etc
- Work closely with the Co-Founders and help with calendar management, client relationships, accounting operations, sales operations, and more
- Take joy in planning and coordinating events that promote positive company values- team outings, client meetings, annual company retreat, holiday events, birthdays, anniversaries, etc
- Ready to step in and partner with different functions as needed (Talent, Product, Sales & Customer Success, and more); this includes hosting candidates and/or clients, working with Sales expenses / invoices, etc
- Take on projects and complete from start to finish, provide updates to collaborators and leadership team as needed
- Adapt quickly to last minute needs (we’re a start up!) and execute on tasks in a timely and creative manner
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of office / administrative management in start up companies and / or VCs; 1 year must be in office management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Capable of working closely with team and autonomously
- Strong attention to detail in everyday tasks as well as high level tasks such calendar management, company announcements, client engagements, company / vendor leases
- Superb organizational skills to keep track and inventory of office related items (office supplies, snacks, IT equipments, desks, etc)
- Experience organizing and planning big events, team outings, holiday events, and more
- Deliberate and thoughtful about health & safety, ergonomics, security and well-being
- Reliable and responsible
Nice to Have:
Experience working in insurtech space
- Be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your dependents
- Pre-tax commuter & parking benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.