- 331 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Recent years have made us all too familiar with the destruction that natural disasters can bring about, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring. Every year we are faced with the devastation and harsh impact that wildfires, hurricanes, and floods have on millions of lives. Despite mounting losses, conventional methods of risk modeling at best paint an incomplete picture of these threats, and at worst, get them completely wrong. Better outcomes require better preparedness. Better preparedness requires better modeling, which requires better data and better approaches to working with that data.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us be more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
We have partnered with leading insurance carriers and reinsurers to underwrite risk more accurately, provide customers a smoother purchasing experience and manage inspections more cost-effectively.
As a GIS Analyst, you are an analytical thinker and passionate about working with complex data. You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. You will be crucial in helping build the platform that delivers processed data and imagery to our machine learning systems. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast and are comfortable learning new skills and working with unfamiliar technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze spatial and geographical data using GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, etc
- Research, define and prioritize feature development across various departments
- Discover and translate data into tractable data science questions and engineering specifications
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers as a key member of the model development process
- Create custom reports and dashboards to provide analytical insight into a complex problem to aid with solutions and improvements
- Iterate rapidly on everything; all of the above happens in a fast paced business driven environment that you must be comfortable with
- Work closely with other departments in a business analytical component across various projects at least 50% of your time
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- 1-2 years of analytical experience as a Business Analyst or Generalist and / or related fields, GIS Analyst and or related field
- BA or BS in quantitative majors such as Economics, Statistics, or Finance
- Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery
- Strong interest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Excitement to be a part of insurtech and propertytech industries.
- Proficient in GIS software (arcGIS, QGIS)
- Proficient in Excel and SQL
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have:
Exposure to the insurance, real estate and risk modeling
- Be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your dependents
- Pre-tax commuter & parking benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.