Analytics Solutions Consultant
- 331 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Recent years have made us all too familiar with the destruction that natural disasters can bring about, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring. Every year we are faced with the devastation and harsh impact that wildfires, hurricanes, and floods have on millions of lives. Despite mounting losses, conventional methods of risk modeling at best paint an incomplete picture of these threats, and at worst, get them completely wrong. Better outcomes require better preparedness. Better preparedness requires better modeling, which requires better data and better approaches to working with that data.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us be more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
We have partnered with leading insurance carriers and reinsurers to underwrite risk more accurately, provide customers a smoother purchasing experience and manage inspections more cost-effectively.
As an Analytics Solutions Consultant, you thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment. You enjoy and are capable of being the go-to person for company stakeholders, clients, and customers. You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. More importantly, you are capable of navigating and solving the complexities of Property and Casualty insurance analytics and risks assignments.
What You’ll Do:
- Support client delivery by providing Insights & Analysis of Zesty data on catastrophic events. This analysis will include the translation of data into insights and recommendations for the client, primarily delivered in PowerPoint.
- Manage the project delivery timelines with assigned clients to ensure that deliverables are on time, accurate, and exceed client expectations.
- Support sales efforts by leading and delivering detailed demonstrations of Zesty’s solution capabilities, as a subject matter expert, in coordination with the outside sales team assigned to those accounts
- Support the sales team in developing standardized proposal templates for customers related to pilots and custom project analyses
- Collaborate with the Sales and Client Services team to document ROI for insights delivered to clients
- Possess a deep understanding of Zesty.ai solutions and services including their key differentiators versus legacy approaches and competing offerings
- Work with strategic customers and Zesty.ai’s leadership to identify and prioritize new solutions and enhanced capabilities within Zesty’s portfolio
- Discover and explore interesting facts about industry trends and issues and correlate these with Zesty’s capabilities for presentation in industry forums, articles, whitepapers and blog posts
- Travel, as required, to support the above responsibilities
Key Skills Required:
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to translate data into insights
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills, particularly with customers or prospects present
- Insurance industry knowledge, including knowledge of how insurance and reinsurance companies manage risk for their P&C portfolio (must be able to speak the language at a granular level of detail, understand their key strategic initiatives and how risk scoring data can be leveraged to achieve their goals)
- Experience in providing customer demonstrations of a SaaS based software solution
- Microsoft Office expertise (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) with 5+ years relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in a software client services role or consulting / analytics role in the insurance industry
- Insurance industry experience in data modeling, actuarial analysis, and / or risk analysis, or equivalent experience as a service provider to these functions
- Relevant experience in a Consultant, Manager, or Director level capacity
- Working knowledge of enterprise software applications and services designed for the insurance industry is highly valued (e.g., Verisk, CoreLogic, RMS, Guidewire)
- Experience as a power user of Microsoft Excel and Business Intelligence software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, QlikView, or Business Objects
- Be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your dependents
- Pre-tax commuter & parking benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.