Machine Learning Engineer
- 331 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
“What’s the slope of your parcel?” “What’s the pitch of your roof?” Three years ago, our founders were shopping for insurance for their personal homes when they were asked all these questions from insurance companies. Realizing that these were difficult questions for the average consumers and recognizing an opportunity to bring their expertise in real estate and data science together, they set out to change the insurance landscape and they continue that mission today.
At zesty.ai, we leverage Artificial Intelligence to change the way the global property insurance industry has been assessing risk for decades. We use the latest advancements in computer vision and deep learning on 115 billion+ data points on residential and commercial structures to extract key building features to accurately model the potential impact of both non-catastrophic and catastrophic loss events, such as hurricanes, floods, wildfires and earthquakes.
We have partnered with leading insurance carriers and reinsurers to underwrite risk more accurately, provide customers a smoother purchasing experience and manage inspections more cost-effectively. Recently, zesty.ai was voted the Most Innovative Insurtech Startup by the global insurance community at the Plug & Play 2018 Summer Expo.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you are comfortable and excited to work closely with the engineering team to build the best AI tech possible. You will develop top tier models that will give us strong insights to maximize the impact of our company efforts. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast and are comfortable setting in place structures and processes to help the company scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and model aspects of the built environment utilizing satellite imagery, LiDAR and other datasets
- Help develop training and cross-validation data sets for machine learning algorithms
- Translate product management, engineering, and business constraints and queries into tractable data science questions
- Iterate rapidly on everything; all of the above happens in a fast paced business driven environment that you must be comfortable with
What You Bring to the zesty.ai Team:
- BA / BS degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, Economics and/or Political Science
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments
- Experience working with deep learning / neural network models (using TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe)
- Strong organizational and management skills with past experiences implementing best practices and processes
- Experience working with large image datasets (great if you’ve already worked with satellite imagery) and related tools OpenCV, Pillow, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your dependents
- Pre-tax commuter & parking benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.