- 331 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
“What’s the slope of your parcel?” “What’s the pitch of your roof?” Three years ago, our founders were shopping for insurance for their personal homes when they were asked all these questions from insurance companies. Realizing that these were difficult questions for the average consumers and recognizing an opportunity to bring their expertise in real estate and data science together, they set out to change the insurance landscape and they continue that mission today.
At zesty.ai, we leverage Artificial Intelligence to change the way the global property insurance industry has been assessing risk for decades. We use the latest advancements in computer vision and deep learning on 115 billion+ data points on residential and commercial structures to extract key building features to accurately model the potential impact of both non-catastrophic and catastrophic loss events, such as hurricanes, floods, wildfires and earthquakes.
We have partnered with leading insurance carriers and reinsurers to underwrite risk more accurately, provide customers a smoother purchasing experience and manage inspections more cost-effectively. Zesty.ai was voted the Most Innovative Insurtech Startup by the global insurance community at the Plug & Play 2018 Summer Expo and recently, zesty.ai won silver at the Zurich Innovation World Championship 2019.
As a Product Manager, you’ll work closely with data scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders to shape our AI-enabled property analytics platform. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast. You want to be at the cutting edge of the newest technology and are comfortable learning new skills. You are passionate about solving complex business problems and you have an opinion about doing things the right way. You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. You are hungry to be on the critical path, to lead the discussion, and to have an impact on the world.
Think you might be Zesty enough? If yes, we’d love to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, define and prioritize feature development and product roadmap
- Work with data annotation service providers to deliver best-in-class labels; great labels equal great models and this is a critical part of the role
- Work with data scientists to establish the right data labeling construct for each product feature
- Translate business requirements into tractable data science questions and engineering specifications
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers as a key member of the model development process
- Explore and find high-quality, problem-specific data sets for training or validation of machine learning algorithms
- Iterate rapidly on everything; all of the above happens in a fast paced business driven environment that you must be comfortable with
What You Bring to the zesty.ai Team:
- 1-3 years of experience as a Product Manager, Management Consultant, or Business Analyst
- Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery
- Strong interest in AI/ML
- Excitement to be a part of insurtech and propertytech industries
- Proficient in SQL
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Extra Zesty if You Have:
- Exposure to machine learning
- Exposure to insurance, real estate and risk modeling
- Experience working with third-party data annotation services
- Experience or familiarity with geography, geometry, GIS systems such as ArcGis, QGIS and/or working with location data
- Experience with Postman (API Development Environment)
- Experience with coding
- Experience working with imagery data
- Be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your dependents
- Pre-tax commuter & parking benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.