Business Operations Manager
- 331 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Insurance is one of the last trillion-dollar industries that has remained largely untouched by technology. Zesty.ai is changing that. At zesty.ai we leverage Artificial Intelligence to change the way the global property insurance industry has been assessing risk for decades.
We use the latest advancements in computer vision and deep learning on 115+Bn data points on residential and commercial structures to extract key building features (e.g., roof geometry and material, distance to inflammable vegetation and more) to accurately model the potential impact of both non-catastrophic and catastrophic loss events, such as hurricanes, floods, wildfires and earthquakes.
Leading insurance carriers and reinsurers have partnered with zesty.ai to underwrite risk more accurately, provide customers a smoother purchasing experience and manage inspections more cost-effectively. Zesty.ai was voted the Most Innovative Insurtech Startup by the global insurance community at the Plug & Play 2018 Summer Expo.
Zesty.ai is a well funded start-up located in Jack London Square in Oakland, CA. Join us for the greatest thrill of your life! Learn more at: zesty.ai
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager who will be a key player in scaling zesty.ai 10x as we enter a rapid growth trajectory.
The ideal candidate has spent 2 years post undergrad at a strategy consulting firm or an investment bank. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast. You want to be at the cutting edge of the newest technology and are comfortable learning new skills. You are passionate about solving complex business problems and you have an opinion about doing things the right way. You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. You are hungry to be on the critical path, to lead the discussion, and to have an impact on the world.
Think you might be Zesty enough? If yes, we'd love to talk to you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
● Develop a business outreach and development plan working with the founders and the sales team
● Engage and build relationships with our top current and prospective customers
● Develop pricing strategy and models for each product SKU and customer segment
● Translate business and customer requirements into tractable data science questions and engineering specifications
● Work closely with data scientists and data engineers as a key member of the model development process
● Explore and find high-quality, problem-specific data sets for training or validation of machine learning algorithms
● Iterate rapidly on everything; all of the above happens in a fast paced business driven environment that you must be comfortable with.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
● 2 years of experience as a Management Consultant, or an Investment Banking Analyst
● Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery
● Strong interest in AI/ML and start-ups
● Excitement to be a part of insurtech and propertytech industries.
● Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
NICE TO HAVE
● Exposure to machine learning
● Exposure to the insurance, real estate and risk modeling
WHAT’S YOUR STYLE
● An execution machine that loves the speed of a start-up and won’t quit until the job is done with craftsmanship and excellence, whatever it takes
● A team-player with a good sense of humor and the ability to work on multiple projects under a tight schedule
● An independent thinker with strong communication skills, excellent ability to analyze and diagnose, good planning and work management skills, and great attention to detail
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- The opportunity to join a fast growing startup that is out to disrupt the insurance and real estate markets
- Competitive salary
- Generous early stage equity
- The coolest office space in Jack London
- Our culture is awesome! We hire only exceptional talent and we believe in the power of a great team - everyone carries their weight and gets rewarded for their contributions. We work hard and we play hard and we believe that technology is the most important tool for change in our lifetime.