Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
- 331 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Zesty.ai is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled building analytics platform for the property insurance and real estate industry. It leverages more than 115Bn data points on 140 million US homes and their residents. Using the latest advancements in computer vision and deep learning, zesty.ai extracts building characteristics, such as, roof geometry or distance to inflammable vegetation, among other features, with unprecedented accuracy. zesty.ai analyzes satellite, aerial, Light Detection And Ranging (LiDAR) imagery and other proprietary data on millions of dwellings and combines those with demographic and psychographic data on policy holders and residents. Insurance carriers and reinsurers use our unique data insights to underwrite risk more accurately, provide consumers a better purchasing experience through pre-filled forms and manage home inspections more cost-effectively.
Zesty.ai is an early stage start-up with very solid financial backing from big names. We are located in Jack London Square in Oakland, CA. Join us for the greatest thrill of your life! Learn more at: zesty.ai
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) who is comfortable designing scalable APIs and distributed systems. You will have strong interests in all things data, and a passion for delivering high quality, rock-solid code. You will be part of the core team that will be charting the course for the entire platform.
The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast. You are comfortable learning new skills and working with unfamiliar technologies. You are passionate about designing technology that elegantly solves complex business problems and you have an opinion about doing things the right way. You are a pacesetter who wants to set the standard; you are organized, self-directed, and committed to innovation. You are hungry to be on the critical path, to lead the discussion, and to have an impact on the world.
Think you might be Zesty enough? Interviews are being scheduled now and we'd love to talk to you - apply today.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Architecture and development on our enterprise-grade data access APIs and data platform
- Architecture and development of our application APIs
- Working with imagery from satellites, low-flying aircrafts, drones etc.
- DevOps and system stability
- Serving as part of the core team for the technology stack
- Partnering closely with the Founders to bring a disruptive AI based technology platform to the insurance and real estate markets
- Investigating and prototyping new technologies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 7 years of employment as a platform/back-end engineer in a professional setting.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Expert in python, NodeJS, and other languages.
- Ability to easily dive into code written in unfamiliar languages
- Expertise working with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc) and designing large-scale cloud architecture
- Strong experience with complex application integrations
- Ability to define data model and data storage strategies, including knowledge of distributed data systems
- Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery of features
- Strong experience planning and writing unit, functional, and integration tests, load profiling and testing, and performance and availability monitoring
- Experience or familiarity with geography, geometry and GIS systems
- Experience working with imagery and image manipulation
- Relevant education (Coding Bootcamp, and/or Bachelors in Computer Science) or equivalent experience
WHAT’S YOUR STYLE
- A developer who loves the speed of a start-up and won’t quit until the job is done with quality, whatever it takes
- A team-player with a good sense of humor and the ability to work on multiple projects under a tight schedule
- Someone with strong communication skills, excellent ability to analyze and diagnose, good planning and work management skills, and great attention to detail
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- The opportunity to join a fast growing startup that is out to disrupt the insurance and real estate markets
- Competitive salary
- Generous early stage equity
- The coolest office space in Jack London
- Our culture is awesome! We hire only exceptional talent and we believe in the power of a great team - everyone carries their weight and gets rewarded for their contributions. We work hard and we play hard and we believe that technology is the most important tool for change in our lifetime.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.