Senior Python Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Ready to help transform an industry?
The Energy industry has gone through a profound change in the last five years. To thrive, businesses need to adopt a new operating playbook - one fit for the new realities they face. At the core of this playbook is an ability to unlock critical business data, and use it to make smarter, faster operating decisions.
Yet many in the industry are held back by legacy systems and processes that prevent them from leveraging this critical data, and they are struggling to adapt to their new environment. Our mission is nothing less than fundamentally shifting how decisions get made within the energy sector, thereby helping industry players optimize operations and transition towards a brighter, more sustainable future.
If you’re driven by making a big impact, excited by affecting real change, and can have some fun while we make it happen, we’d love to talk.
As Senior Python Engineer, you will help design, develop, and support the state-of-the-art platform at Zeno. You have a keen eye for simplifying and automating anything that improves developer productivity and lets us scale. You like to mentor junior developers and raise the bar on the team. You like to have opinions and love to hear what others have to say. You stay abreast on current trends, like to take risk, back it up with hard work, and don’t let your ego get in the way of learning from your mistakes.
● Working within Agile methodology, collaborate with multiple stakeholders from the functional spec stage to the final release of features and products.
● Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write clean and performant code, and deliver with speed and quality.
● Expertly analyze and troubleshoot web application, data engineering, and cache solutions
● Help improve our overall Release Management process by introducing comprehensive Test Automation, set build failure thresholds and introduce automated rollback strategies
● Build monitoring for all our critical components and automate notifications based on trends before a hard failure happens
● Diagram and document complex architectures.
● Lead by example and communicate effectively with peers.
● 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm-related solutions.
● Bachelor’s Degree or above.
● Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
● Experience with object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages
● Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
● Exposure to Test driven development technique
● Experience with Startup/Growth companies.
● Experience with SAAS/PAAS architecture
● Advanced knowledge of Python3
● Advanced knowledge of AWS components and how they are used to create robust designs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.