Senior Python Data Engineer
- 2405 Emmett Parkway, Austin, TX
Ready to help transform an industry?
The Energy industry has gone through a profound change in the last five years. To thrive, businesses need to adopt a new operating playbook - one fit for the new realities they face. At the core of this playbook is an ability to unlock critical business data, and use it to make smarter, faster operating decisions.
Yet many in the industry are held back by legacy systems and processes that prevent them from leveraging this critical data, and they are struggling to adapt to their new environment. Our mission is nothing less than fundamentally shifting how decisions get made within the energy sector, thereby helping industry players optimize operations and transition towards a brighter, more sustainable future.
If you’re driven by making a big impact, excited by affecting real change, and can have some fun while we make it happen, we’d love to talk.
We're looking for a talented Data Engineer to join the organization. You will develop highly scalable and robust technologies to onboard disparate data sets and streams. You will be responsible for ensuring that our data pipeline is seamlessly and constantly ingesting customer data via state-of-the-art distributed systems, workflow orchestration tools, data modeling frameworks, and data quality assessment techniques. You will collaborate on a team of people with diverse expertise in designing and deploying large-scale data pipelines.
● Design, build, and maintain distributed data pipelines to extract, transform, validate, and deliver data from customer data sources
● Design and implement advanced monitoring systems for data pipeline health
● Write testable, defensive, production-quality software in a continuous deployment environment with an emphasis on scalability and maintainability
● Optimize cost efficiency of cloud resources while maintaining reliable data delivery
● Continue to drive our technology stack forward by sharing your experiences and lessons across the engineering department
● Mentor junior engineers
● Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
● 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
● 2+ years of production-quality Python
● Bachelor’s Degree or above.
● Experience in a remote Linux environment
● Experience with Git
● Experience with relational databases
● Experience with AWS ecosystem (especially EMR and S3)
● Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
● Experience with json schemas
● Experience with web frameworks, REST API development, and automated web service testing
● Experience with distributed system design
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.