Administrative Assistant/Office Assistant
- 1440 O'Brien Dr, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Zai Lab (NSDAQ: ZLAB) is an innovative, research-based, commercial stage biopharmaceutical company based in China and the U.S. focused on bringing transformative medicines for cancer, autoimmune and infectious diseases to patients in China and around the world.
Headquartered in Shanghai since our founding in 2014, our experienced team has secured partnerships with leading global biopharma companies, generating a broad and late-stage pipeline of innovative drug candidates. Based on our extensive track record of execution and delivering results, Zai Lab has earned the reputation as a trusted partner of choice for global biopharmaceutical companies seeking to not only access the Chinese market but also find a long-term strategic partner for global clinical development. Through these partnerships, Zai Lab has built the strongest late stage oncology portfolio with global first-in-class and/or best-in-class profile, among innovative Chinese biotech companies. We are further supplementing our pipeline with an in-house discovery effort aiming to produce 1-2 global INDs per year.
Zai Lab is rapidly expanding into a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company, discovering, developing, manufacturing and commercializing innovative medicines. To that end, we have built our internal R&D center to advance our discovery pipeline, a strong clinical development and operations team, and our own manufacturing facilities in China. We have also established a highly specialized commercial team to support marketing of our innovative products in China. We believe this integrated approach will provide sustainable competitive advantages for Zai Lab.
Zai Lab was successfully listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market in September 2017 and completed secondary listing on Hong Kong Stock Exchange in September 2020. Zai Lab significantly expanded with several offices across China and U.S. and opened its U.S. headquarters in San Francisco in December 2018. As of June 2021, the Company has a global team of over 1600 employees.
The Administrative Assistant/Office Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. The Administrative Assistant/Office Assistant will provide direct administrative support to 4-5 Senior leaders at the site as well as managing responsibilities for the office as a whole.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence
- Sorting and sending mail
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Manage onboarding process for new hires
- Assist planning of office activities and company events
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Coordinates with the facility manager as needed in order to maintain a safe workplace
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Diversity Statement: At Zai Lab we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
Zai Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Zai Lab makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Recruiter Statement: Zai Lab acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Zai Lab’s Human Resources Team and comply with Zai Lab’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Zai Lab. Zai Lab’s Human Resource Team is the only function within the Company that can enter contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies.