Head of Customer & Market Insights
- 604 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand
- We’re proud to be part of nearly every community in Aotearoa
- We’re up for challenging the status quo and backing our team to bring their true selves to work every day
- We deliver our results within an agile, fun and collaborative team culture
- From part of the problem to the heart of the solution, we are here for a low carbon future
- Auckland or Wellington based
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi Company, we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead, we defined a purpose - to solve what matters for our customers and their moving world - and go about achieving this by setting clear goals and expectations and embracing diversity of thought.
At Z, Customers are at the heart of everything we do - our strategy, capability development and investment decisions. We're creating and continually developing products and digital channels our customers will love and that make their lives easier.
Our Customer Team aspires to be world-class at delivering Customer Insights, Product & Design, Brand & MarComms, and Loyalty & Personalisation . We are seeking a leader with the skills to complement our Customer Leadership team and to help deliver this aspirational vision.
Based in either Auckland or Wellington, this newly created role is critical in helping to gain a deeper understanding of customer behaviour and motivations to ensure Z delivers world-class customer experiences, and ultimately driving value to Z and our customers.
This role is responsible for leading, designing and setting how we analyse, measure and monitor customer behaviour and customer performance, and communicating the key drivers of actionable-insights and customer performance to the Customer Team and throughout the wider business.
You will have the opportunity to
- Get involved in what matters to us and our customers by measuring the impact we are having in the right areas of customers’ lives
- Build sound market and customer behavioural research capability and managing requests from across the business to deliver practical knowledge of customer behaviour and market insights.
- Develop our ability to create data capture to understand, develop and measure the customer experience journey across both physical and digital touchpoints, to enable Z to achieve the ultimate objective of personalizing the experience for our customers and building value to Z.
- Utilise data to extract insights into how we can better serve our customers and improve our offerings
- Provide the structural oversight and governance of customer performance reporting and customer analytics to provide actionable insights across the Customer and stakeholder teams.
- Influence our investments by providing insights for desirability decisions from a customer point of view for our business initiatives
- Collaborate with our Digital Team and other third parties to ensure that we have the right parameters for Customer Data strategy, privacy, governance and infrastructure to be able to deliver on the goals of Customer Team and broader business
- Define and refine Customer Performance Metrics; act as the custodian of metrics across customer related initiatives
For more detail on this role check out the Position Description
What you’ll bring to Z
- Minimum of 7 years hands on experience in an insights team having conducted market research and analytics experience (business intelligence as well as advanced analytics)
- Proven track record at leading others in a market research and analytics function
- Results-driven mindset at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Strong ability to prioritise, simplify and story tell visually to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in an agile delivery organisation desirable
- Initiative and curiosity, you demonstrate an active commitment to continually improving yourself – know your own personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits, you seek and are open to give and receive feedback
And of course, you’ll be passionate about what matters to Z, embracing and living our values to help us deliver on our aspirations and broader commitment to Aotearoa New Zealand
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to contribute and be part of a supportive team that is here to make a difference,
- The opportunity to work with world class talent across the organisation,
- A chance to build your own capability through learning from some the industry’s most knowledgeable people who have a desire to share their insights along with access to upskilling opportunities and career development across the organisation,
- A competitive remuneration package including short-term incentive (bonus) plan, medical insurance for you & your family, enhanced employer contribution for KiwiSaver,
- Free parking (Auckland only), and coffee!!
- Two days a year to do good in your hood, though our volunteering scheme, a chance for you to help others in your community in a meaningful way to you,
- Generous leave provisions including enhanced parental leave benefits and the option to buy additional leave
Z is a dynamic and innovative Kiwi company that provides energy solutions for today while working on playing our part in Aotearoa’s shift towards a low-carbon future – a transition that we’re passionate about.
Being proudly Kiwi, we’re up for challenging the status quo, stand-up for what we believe is right and most importantly, we back our team to bring their true selves to work every day. Our flexible working approach and Rainbow Tick and Gender Tick accreditations - backed by our strong company values, Stand Up Tū Kaha, Speak Out Tū Maia, Side by Side Tū Kotahi - have created an open and inclusive workplace that promotes personal development, and is underpinned by a desire for our people and our communities to succeed.
We’re distinctive in our approach and if you’re up for a challenge, we’d love you to be part of it. If this sounds like a place you believe you can add value and grow your own capability, then make sure you read Our Why it’s our founding document and provides further insights in what it means to part of the Z whanau. If Z feels like a good match for your head and your heart, come join us for one heck of a journey!
Whakauru | Apply
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for Z.
Applications close: 14 September 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications was we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
To be considered for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand