Senior Operations Auditor
- San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, United States
Large, San Antonio based Company is adding to their team. Company is very people centric with pride in the development of the team members. Company believes strongly in providing challenge and opportunity while really maintaining work life balance.
Company has a single digit turnover rate – they foster a place where people enjoy going to work! There are no politics or bureaucracy – there is great communication and transparency. Company has a great track record of teamwork and internal promotion.
The Lead Auditor will be a key contributor and leader in conducting internal audits for the organization including financial, operational, compliance and strategy-focused audits. The Auditor will plan, execute and report on all aspects of the audit, use analytical tools to conduct audits and make recommendations that add value to the business. The Auditor will build upon and broaden business knowledge with exposure to the entire organization, including access and exposure to all levels of management.
- Design, develop and lead a variety of internal audit projects including financial, operational and compliance audits, consulting projects, and other management requested projects
- Obtain an understanding of business area risks, processes, and internal control procedures
- Utilize data analytic tools to enhance audit coverage and add value to the business
- Develop and document efficient and effective audit objectives, programs and testing procedures
- Perform and document walk-throughs of business processes using flowcharting applications
- Assess financial statement risk related to business objectives and determine if sufficient controls are in place
- Identify opportunities for improvement in processes and recommend changes to mitigate risk
- Communicate opportunities, recommendations and status of projects to management
- Draft and complete audit reports communicated to executive management and the Audit Committee
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of work-related experience in audit
- CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE or other relevant certification is a plus
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA is preferred
Compensation: $55,000 - $72,000 and great benefits!!!