Director of Benefits - Includes Full Relocation
- San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, us
Premier San Antonio Company is adding to the team due to growth. This well-established and well-respected Company is known for its phenomenal benefits, team atmosphere, and work life balance. It has an incredible reputation for being people centric and a huge contributor to the community.
This position is a strategic business partner responsible for leading, researching, planning, developing, recommending and implementing benefits philosophies and programs.
- Oversees development and implementation of new benefits programs including the preparation and communication of information to leadership, key stakeholders and employees about benefits programs, procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Develops and delivers exceptional benefits programs that build and reward high performing teams.
- Oversees implementation of new benefits programs and/or modifications to existing programs through evaluation of materials and communication/roll-out plans. Keeps abreast of emerging trends in the ever-changing world of HRIS/ benefits and leave technology tools.
- Leads, mentors, and develops Team. Educates internal team members on best practices and concepts in regard to benefits programs. Oversees day-to-day operations of the Team’s operational objectives and work plans.
- Benchmarks Company benefits and paid leave programs in relation to similar programs in comparable industries/organizations and recommends changes (as appropriate) to establish and maintain competitive programs.
- Partners with broker(s) for the design, analysis, and implementation of benefit programs. Ensures programs are implemented effectively, efficiently and ensures Service-Level Agreements are being met.
- Assists with the negotiation of contracts and Service-Level Agreements with benefit providers, vendors, and broker(s). Partners with Office of Legal Counsel on contract review and negotiations.
- Works with internal departments to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with all tax laws, guidelines, and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with government regulations and laws (such as ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, etc.), including reporting requirements.
- Prepares and presents ideas, agendas, presentations, reports and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Develops the operating department budget. Assists in setting budget guidelines, forecasting future financial expenditure needs of department as well as anticipated budget estimates. Responsible steward of resources, assets, contracts, budget(s); controls operating expenses, maintains year-to-date totals on an ongoing, periodic, and quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of educational and work experience required
- 5+ years supervising others at various organizational levels
- Experience with HRIS systems
- 10+ years’ experience in Human Resources with in-depth benefits experience
- Proven leader that has experience with communicating, influencing and negotiating decisions while motivating Create and implement given strategic direction
- Ability to organize and direct multiple projects to completion; organize and complete deliverables within deadlines
- Knowledge of key strategies and trends in benefits, leave, and other HR areas
- Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (as applicable)
- Certified Employment Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
$140,000 - $150,000 plus 20% bonus & Great benefits--Includes relocation