Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Bellaire, Houston, TX, us
Currently, we are seeking a talented Account Manager to join our Commercial Lines Department. This individual will be responsible for providing support to Producers and Account Executives in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing accounts. We will further rely on you to address all client service requests, negotiate renewal terms with the incumbent insurance carrier(s) and assist the Commercial Service Manager and/or Quality Control Liaison in the training of team members.
- Monitor/oversee expiration and binder log to ensure renewal of all coverage in a timely manner
- Review Renewal Update documents prepared by Account Associate prior to release to Producer
- Coordinate the receipt of the updated Executive Summaries
- Prepare and submit renewal information to incumbent insurance carrier(s) if account is not being marketed by the Marketing Dept.
- Review quotes and proposals received
- Request from insurance carrier(s) that renewal coverage be bound
- Oversee the Account Associate performing the renewal procedures upon binding of coverage; assist as necessary to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Check policies; transmit to client; update Applied
- Maintain current Activity log; follow up on open activities and/or oversee Account Associate follow up on open activities
- Receive all incoming calls and is the main point of contact for the client in addition to the Producer/Account Executive
- Assist clients with coverage questions, exposure identification and solutions, billing or carrier service issues
- Account Receivable maintenance, collection and resolution
- Set up Master Certificates
- Prepare/Issue non-standard Certificates of Insurance
- Prepare/Issue Schedules of Insurance
- Review all incoming mail; assign to Account Associate as appropriate
- Confirm that all exposure checklists, fee agreements, disclosures, subjectivities and necessary client sign-offs are obtained or resolved and made part of the current file
- Assist the Commercial Service Manager in the development/maintenance of department procedures/processes
- Keep abreast of industry changes and trends
- Participates in seminars and classes for knowledge and skill development
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 years experience.
- Hold the appropriate Property & Casualty license or obtain within 90 days
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong client service and relationship building skills.
- Superior presentation, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Follows policies and procedures, supports organization’s goals and values
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Meet productivity standards
Compensation: $52,000 - $72,000 + Great Benefits