Senior Product Designer
- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7420, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
A prospective Yoyo Product Designer is interested in both functional and user interface product design, is enthusiastic about collaborating with others when building intuitive digital products, and inherently understands the difference between good vs. great design. You should have a self-starter mentality and be confident in presenting your ideas, while remaining open to explore stakeholders’ feedback. You must be willing to take ownership and initiative over your briefs, stay up to date with global design trends, and aim to balance what’s best for the business, its partners, our engineering platforms, and the product.
You will apply your passion for crafting engaging user experiences through user research, concept ideation, creating flows, prototyping, and iterating. Working in a creative cross-functional team, you will play a critical role in delivering our product vision, and you will own the experience for a wide area of Yoyo’s product.
The products that you will be working on will be SAAS products; customer facing apps and understanding how they form part of the entire suite of products. Knowledge of iOS, Android and mobile/ responsive best practices is crucial. You should be excited about delivering adaptive, clean and creative solutions to complex design challenges.
- You will spend a great deal of your role designing mobile apps and web products - specialising in crafting UI elements, working within a design system and adapting our SAAS mobile products to align with our clients branding and business requirements.
- You should be comfortable working within a team - Business stakeholders, Product Managers, front and back-end developers/ engineers.
- Continuously investigating user experience design requirements for our suite of digital products.
- Produce (when required), User Flows, Wireframes, diagrams and any other documentation to show your design thinking around the products you work on.
- Work with team members to gather user/ client research in order to define the best approach for enhancing our range of products, while also distilling research from product marketing - helping towards crafting case studies and building on the information of how we can keep developing our products to be better.
- Testing your design thinking and products during the life-cycle of the project through A/B testing, and user based research findings while also workshopping with team members.
- Able to understand complex situations and convert them into intuitive ideas.
- Able to communicate your thinking and ideas clearly to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be flexible and collaborative around other team members design thinking and ideas.
- Consistently live out, act, work and exhibit behaviours aligned to and congruent with company values.
Knowledge, Skills & Aptitudes
- 8 + years industry experience (of which 4 years should be in a product design/ UI / UX role or similar)
- Knowledge of UI software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc)
- Knowledge of Adobe suite, PSD, InDesign, Illustrator
- Knowledge of prototyping software (Figma, Zeplin, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision or similar)
- Ability to multi-task, context switch, manage time well and respond to time constraints accordingly
- Be able to communicate and articulate design decisions to the team and stakeholders
- Team player who can also work on their own initiative
- Adaptability, creativity and innovation, initiative, resilience, consideration, strategic, analytical and intuitive
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission