Senior Platform Engineer (Python)
- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7405, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a strong track record of developing in Python/ Django.
Key Responsibilities in this role:
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests and good architecture
- Own, design and code product initiatives from start to finish
- Work collaboratively with designers, PMs & QA to ensure our products are the best they can be
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering)
- 5 years’ + experience working with modern backend frameworks (Python/Django) and building and maintaining APIs via RESTful web services
- Experience building and maintaining real-world products using continuous integration/deployment to enable engineers to deploy code and configuration from local environments through to production
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission