Senior Python Developer
- Nairobi Rd, Mau Summit, Kenya
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
You’re a Senior Python/ Django developer who demonstrates a high level of curiosity and keeps up with the latest technologies. You have developed and maintained multiple full stack web applications throughout the entirety of their lifecycle. You have a strong eye for software architecture and design. You want to tackle tough technical challenges and have a desire to impact local businesses and communities.
- 5 + years’ experience as Python Software Engineer/ Senior Software Engineer/ Lead
- Experience with dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong experience working with Django REST framework and related technologies
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests, good architecture and code review practices
- Own, design and code product initiatives from start to finish
- Consider and observe best practices regarding implementation of public facing APIs (i.e. input validation, error handling, etc.)
- Experience working for a startup
- Experience working remotely/ with a remote team
- Be extremely customer centric: In everything we do, serve and delight our customers, using data to continuously improve.
- Be a passionate team player: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you, leave ego at the door and be teachable.
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
- Be world-class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions that delight our clients and customers.
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching ourselves, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.