VP of Software Engineering
- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7405, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
We are looking for a competent Software Engineering leader who will be our technology go-to expert, working with other leaders across the organisation to help lead the strategic direction of our technology strategy. You will work closely with Software Engineers, Product Managers and Senior Leaders and will oversee technology development and technology utilization plans, setting the Engineering team's strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Manage and optimize technology and infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Stay abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Minimum 4 years experience in planning, designing, developing and delivering software and operations
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer/ developer with a focus on either Java or React
- Experience in the development and operations of high scale distributed/scalable systems
- Experience in cloud computing systems, preference given to experience with AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience working with senior leaders in an enterprise-level business
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing, distributed engineering teams.
- Experience working in a startup is advantageous
- Be extremely customer centric: In everything we do, serve and delight our customers, using data to continuously improve.
- Be a passionate team player: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you, leave ego at the door and be teachable.
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
- Be world-class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions that delight our clients and customers.
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching ourselves, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.