- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7405, South Africa
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
This role involves being the intersection between business, technology, users and our clients. Your purpose would be to facilitate the conception and design of products and product features that are valuable, usable and feasible. The idyllic individual will be accountable for transforming our vision into the perfect product and implementing this solution into the market.
- Develop and implement product strategies aligned with the company vision and OKRs.
- Translate product strategies into clear and actionable roadmaps, with measurable results to drive execution and evaluate impact.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams through the Discovery, Design, Development and Delivery cycle.
- Proactively research and evaluate client and customer problems to define appropriate goals a product development team must prioritize and pursue.
- During research and on the day to day, collect qualitative and quantitative data to define, refine and prioritise opportunities.
- Collaborate across Yoyo to continuously deliver a world class product offering; work closely with product, tech, marketing and customer operations to drive growth and adoption.
- Maintain a balanced product roadmap ensuring that we provide value to our customers, while maintaining security, scalability and code quality.
- Continuous enhancements: use both qualitative and quantitative data and insight to define and measure success and drive product improvements.
- Provide consultancy throughout the new business acquisition process, you will assist Sales and Partnership Management in winning new clients/partners, before driving swift implementation of the best possible integration type for each client/partner.
- Stay ahead of the curve by researching technological advances and assessing suitability and/or opportunities for implementation in Yoyo.
- Define and refine feature and customer/client engagement funnels to ensure focus is on initiatives that best help increase acquisition and retention, while maintaining low churn.
- Produce, review and refine product requirement documents that are clear, concise and specific on what an initiative aims to achieve and why a product development team must pursue it.
- Where applicable, build a future-proof set of integration tools, enabling Yoyo integrators to build quickly and easily. Reduce technical debt/liability to all stakeholders involved with integration.
Knowledge, Skills & Aptitudes
- Strategic thinking
- Experience in agile development methodologies
- Great implementation
- Collect and analyse data
- Influence and communicate
- Product planning
- Product marketing
- Ability to understand customer and market needs
- Creative and out the box thinking
- Ability to collaborate
- Results driven
- Great at getting things started
- Experience in an agile working environment
- Start-up work experience would be a bonus
- Adaptability, creativity and innovation, initiative, resilience, consideration, strategic, analytical and intuitive
- Experience with the following tools (or similar) is advantageous: MixPanel, Braze, Branch, Contentful, JIRA, Confluence and Monday.com
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you.
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission.