- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7405, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
You’ll work alongside product management and engineering teams. Work alongside development teams who are hungry to add value each and every Sprint to our growing product line.
Be a coach, a mentor, a strategist, and the servant leader of your development teams. You will be gathering metrics, monitoring Sprint health, removing blocks, coordinating individuals, and celebrating success each and every Sprint.
You’ll be a liaison for internal and external communication around team progress and status updates. You’ll ensure all team members are meeting implementation and documentation requirements.
You’ll be a strong member for development teams who are hungry to add value each and every sprint to our growing product line. Connecting the dots, flagging the showstoppers to the right stakeholders, assisting to ask the right questions and removing roadblocks.
- Consistently live out, act, work and exhibit behaviours aligned to and congruent with company values.
- Organize and facilitate all Scrum ceremonies and other related tasks that are required for the successful execution of this agile development methodology.
- Guiding the Development team(s) on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Balance delivery priorities, track progress; problem solves obstacles to keep the project on track.
- Working with product management to define strategy and requirements, collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team(s) to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting the Product Managers, especially on grooming and estimation practices, and maintaining the development backlog.
- Providing all support to the team(s) using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Constantly evaluate the team performance and the team's commitment to agile software development.
- Identify any agile training needs within those software engineering team(s) you are supporting and ensure that appropriate training is provided.
- Identify and address any issues that may affect the team's morale and productivity.
- Help the team to be empowered and self-organized.
- Requires highly developed communication skills to direct, influence and gain cooperation with team members and customers.
- Client and internal communication: ensuring that all relevant parties are kept up to date on project developments at all phases of a project. This includes changes in timings, costs and any issues arising.
Knowledge, Skills & Aptitudes
- Adaptability, creativity and innovation, initiative, resilience, consideration, strategic, analytical and intuitive
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns, techniques, and metrics gathering in the Agile Scrum world.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.
- Experience with project management software, e.g. JIRA, Monday.com, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification, advantageous.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User
- Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated
- Testing, Agile Games, Retrospectives, Story Point Estimation, Wisdom of the
- Crowds, etc.
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you.
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission.