Senior DevOps Engineer
- Victoria St, London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
We are looking for a highly experienced DevOps engineer to join our team and assist us in creating reliable, re-usable and leading-edge DevOps practices and tools. You will be responsible for ensuring application deployments to AWS, GCP and terrestrial Data Centers are performed reliably and repeatedly through the use of advanced scripting and tools. You will also ensure optimal application performance and functional monitoring as well as upgrade management. You will be part of a team of Testers, Analysts, Developers and DevOps engineers who deliver remarkable solutions to our clients.
- Architect systems for high availability, security, and scalability
- Automate provisioning, deployment and scaling of infrastructure
- Build a monitoring and alerting system for our services and infrastructure
- Manage the AWS infrastructure
- Support the operations of Yoyo expansion across multiple geographies and multiple AWS regions
- Experience working in startup or other entrepreneurial organisation in a role such as DevOps Engineer, AWS DevOps Engineer, Build and Release Engineer, DevOps Consultant, DevOps Specialist or similar
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform and/or an equivalent
- Experience building and maintaining real-world products using continuous integration/deployment to enable engineers to deploy code and configuration from local environments through to production
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Previous exposure to mobile payment or mobile apps is an asset
- Working understanding of code and script (we prefer Python, Golang, Ruby and/or Bash)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-available service
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you.
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission.