- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7420, South Africa
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining restful web services covering payments, loyalty, coupon and vouchers as well as other client requirements, with a team of developers, testers, analysts and DevOps engineers.
Your projects will focus on both expanding and refining the Yoyo platform in order to cater to the ever-changing needs of clients, but also to sustain our competitive edge in the global fintech market. In order to achieve this, you will be working on multiple internal systems, as well as integrations to 3rd party systems.
You will work closely with product owners, architects and systems analysts as well as collaborate with mobile and web developers to ensure a constant and valuable evolution of the Yoyo platform that enables innovative, robust and elegant mobile solutions and web portals.
You will be part of a team of Testers, Analysts, Developers and DevOps engineers who deliver remarkable solutions to our clients.
- Java – EE 6 + years’ experience
- mySQL (v5.7+)
- Spring Framework 4 or higher
- Wildfly or Glassfish
- Maven or Gradle
- Experience with various webservice architecture, with a focus on REST
- Test Driven Development
- Distributed Version Control – Mercurial or Git
- Computer Science/ Information Systems degree/diploma or 5+ years equivalent experience
- Certification in Java would be a plus
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you.
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission.