Web Engineer (PHP)
- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7420, South Africa
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
Who you are:
You are a PHP developer who is a passionate self-starter, with at least 3 years’ commercial experience, who keeps up with the latest technologies. You will be primarily responsible for creating client-facing websites that act as customer, administrative or reporting portals to our mobile solutions. You will gain significant experience in payments, loyalty, coupon, mobile-commerce and vouchers.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a PHP Developer/ Engineer
- Laravel Framework (and other E/M commerce frameworks)
- Working experience with React
- Restful web services
- XML / JSON
- MySQL (v5.7+)
- Linux / Ubuntu
- Experience working for a startup
- Understanding of payments, loyalty and rewards processing
- Retail experience
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you.
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission.