Senior Python Engineer (Integrations)
- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7420, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
Who you are:
You’re a Senior Python/ Django developer who demonstrates a high level of curiosity and keeps up with the latest technologies. You have developed and maintained multiple applications throughout the entirety of their lifecycle. You have a strong eye for software architecture and design. You want to tackle tough technical challenges and have a desire to impact local businesses and communities.
- Architect and develop robust applications
- Support the design of our next-generation systems
- Design software and database solutions and frameworks
- Design and develop APIs used by cross-platform applications
- Write code that is well-structured, maintainable, reusable, testable and efficient
- R&D new channel integration opportunities
- Design and propose integration approaches with third party services, to enhance capabilities of our product offering
- Create unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of other engineers and product managers to plan and estimate the team’s work in a Scrum/Kanban hybrid workflow
- Contribute in planning sessions and retrospectives
- Break down tasks into small tickets and actively engage with the agile process
- Own, design and code product initiatives from start to finish
- Work in a fast-moving but stable environment in a continuous deployment workflow - testing and QA is very much a part of your role
- Production defect, enhancement and ad-hoc query resolution
- 5 + years’ experience as Python Software Engineer/ Senior Software Engineer/ Lead
- Strong experience working with Django REST framework and related technologies
- Knowledge in Python 3+, Django, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, Celery, Docker, AWS, TDD
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge in using advanced SQL/MySQL queries
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (specifically Git)
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Customer-centric - a deep understanding of what would benefit our users most
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries including React
- Experience working for a startup
- Experience working remotely/ with a remote team
- Experience working Java Spring Boot
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission